Camp Pendleton Edson Range and Chappo Dining Facilities
Camp Pendleton, CA
Opened in June 2014
The Edson Range and Chappo dining halls serve recruits and officers alike at Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton.
TriMark R.W. Smith served as the commercial kitchen design assist partner allowing the facilities to now serve over 5,000 meals per day.
Located in the highly sunlit micro-climate of Southern California, both facilities have now achieved LEED Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council following their kitchen remodeling project. These projects led to multiple awards including:
• 2014 ACEC North Carolina Engineering Excellence Honor Award
• 2014 APWA San Diego / Imperial Chapter Project of the Year in Structures between $26-$75M
• 2014 ASCE San Diego Award of Excellence – Land Development (Rick Engineering)
• 2013 Engineering News-Record California Best Government / Public Building Project
• 2013 AIA Charlotte Carole Hofener Carriker Sustainable Design Merit Award